Minor League Salary
- Until a minor league player is placed on a 40-man roster, monthly salaries are $1150 for the short season teams, $1300 for low A and $1500 for high A. For players repeating a year at the same level, the salary goes up $50 each year. For AA, the monthly salary is $1700 and it goes up $100 per month for subsequent years. For AAA, the monthly salary is $2150 per month and it goes up to $2400 the second year and $2700 the third year.
- If a player becomes a minor league free agent, higher salaries can be negotiated.
- A player must be placed on the team’s 40-man roster or be subject to the Rule 5 Draft at the end of his fourth season (if signed at age 19 or higher) or fifth season (if signed at age 18 or lower).
- Salary for first year on 40-man roster:
- Salary for second year on 40-man roster or if one or more days of Major League service time:
- Meal money is $25 per road day.
- Minor league salary must be at least 60% of the player’s combined minor league and Major League salary in the preceding season.